Marketing Director Job Description
What we need
Do you love TED? Have you watched tons of TED videos, and LOVE ideas?
Do you want to help create your own “TED tribe” in Tucson? TEDxTucson needs an experienced, passionate, enthusiastic Marketing Director who will use social and traditional media to promote TEDx events, and help create a TED community here in the Tucson Valley.
Who we are
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is TEDxTucson, where x = independently organized TED event. The goal of TEDxTucson is to be a catalyst for change – bringing thinkers and doers in the Tucson community together to have meaningful conversations that lead to positive change.
Organizationally, TEDx Tucson is a grassroots, 501c(3) nonprofit based in Southern We are licensed by TED. The TEDxTucson staff are professionals in their fields who give their time voluntarily. All speakers and entertainers take part on a no-fee basis. Together, we strive to make the ideas and innovations presented within our regular TEDxTucson gatherings accessible to the widest possible cross-section of our community.
Who you are
You are experienced, passionate marketer. You are Tucson based, experience in Marketing to a wide variety of demographics in Southern Arizona. People say you are enthusiastic, and a risk taker. You value our team, and will use the team to create your marketing assets, but can create them yourself. Finally, this is role that requires 5-7 hour on an average week. Most of the time, we take off the month of June.
What you will do
• Participate in creating the most amazing experiences possible for our participants
• Help sell out every event through marketing – digital, and traditional media
• Lead social media to promote events
• Create a tribe, a community that attends events regularly, and follows us on Social Media
• We have goals for posts, engagement
• Meet with your team regularly
• Develop a Social Media Calendar so that everyone can help
• Make TEDxTucson a part of the Tucson landscape with unique ides
• Volunteer a minimum of 5-7 a week
About your department
• Writer or two, and an editor
• LinkedIn champion
• Podcaster who can advise you
• Volunteer photographers
• Graphic designer (who we pay)
• We have help on our website, but it is rare
Tools and resources
• A database of past participants
• All social media: FaceBook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn
• A well designed website in WordPress
• We have a studio we can borrow
• A huge photographic library – Flickr
• Branding assets for the next year’s season