In response to the allegations that sexual harassment may have occurred at a TED conference, we at TEDxTucson are adopting a code of conduct. Here it is:
Code of Conduct
We attend TEDxTucson in a spirit of curiosity, open-mindedness, respect and tolerance. That is why we will not tolerate harassment in any form. As a TEDxTucson attendee, you’re expected to practice tolerance and respect for everyone, including attendees, staff and vendors, regardless of their background, class, political views or status.
At a TEDxTucson event, you agree to:
- Respect people’s space and everyone’s ability to be an attendee.
- Respect confidentiality requests by speakers and other attendees.
- Look out for one another.
These behaviors don’t belong at a TEDxTucson event:
- Sexual harassment of any kind, including unwelcome sexual attention and inappropriate physical contact.
- Being disruptive, drinking excessively, stalking, following or threatening anyone.
- Homophobia, racism or behavior that discriminates against a group or class of people.
- Invasion of privacy, including taking photos that are unwanted or intrusive.
Contact us to report an incident.
If, while at a TEDxTucson event, you have been involved or have witnessed an incident that violates the Code of Conduct, please use our name-optional reporting form to let key TEDxTucson managers know immediately. Share as much information as you can to help us make a thorough investigation of the onsite incident.
TEDxTucson will investigate all incidents reported at an event with discretion and confidentiality. TEDxTucson reserves the right to bar any person who violates our Code of Conduct from attending TEDxTucson in its entirety or in part, and/or to cancel the ticket of the person without refund.